How to shave a dog? What are grooming tools for dogs? A number 10 blade is one of the best dog-shaving tools of choice. You need not spend over and above taking the dog to an actual pet salon to get this done. With a tub or table you can neatly shave your pet’s coat by yourself.
The idea is to promote more level hair growth, to keep ticks or fleas away during the course of a skin treatment for your pet, or simpy to groom them by removing excess and unmanageable fur.
- Start with the fur between your dog’s eyes. The trimmer in question will help you stay safe and gentle throughout this process.
- Shave inwards, toward the eyes, being all the while careful not to poke your dog’s eyes.
- Get the eye corners by angling the blade differently, top to down.
- Overgrown eyebrows and puffy under-eye fur can be shaved off this way.
- Move to the inner ears next. Lift and hold your dog’s ears, especially if they are the floppy kind, and start shaving. Nearest the canal, and also get that hair off the ear itself on the inner region. Move around the canal, top-down motion, shave the fur off as needed.
- All this while the dog is leashed with the lead tied vertically up so as to gently hold its head parallel to the table it is on. Stand the dog and go for the armpits next. Gently lift each arm and shave normally. This prevents entanglement when hair grows or as the dog moves about.
- The dog still standing, move to the groin area, lift each hind leg gently, and shave the inner region going away from the groin. This ensures cleanliness for your pet especially when the dog goes to the bathroom and/or is arounds mud or dirt. .
- Shave the hair around the anus next. Like peeing can stain groin fur, pooping can do the same for fur in the anal region. Shave for maximum cleanliness potential; around the anus and little along the inner side of the tail in that area.
That is all you need to do to shave your dog for optimal health, non-entanglement, and general comfort and stress-free movement. Your pet needs different shaving tools for other types of grooming, including scissors for a trim or cut. But here we are only discussing the use of the number 10 shaving blade, which is essentially a trimmer, for your dog’s grooming glory.